What is Test IO?
TestIO is basically a testing community which pays the members for finding bugs on the website under test and submitting the test report using their tool.
TestIO Review: How does it work?
There is only one type of opportunity available in this website. i.e To test the website and report bugs.
TestIO : Qualification Process
1. First, register yourself as a member of the TestIO community by filling the following information
2. Next, you need to activate your account by confirming your email address.
3. Then you will receive a test invitation from them.The duration of the test cycle is usually 2 days from the time of invitation. Make sure you complete the test before that.
4. You have to report a maximum of 3 bugs for the website under test and submit the test report following the given instructions.
5. If all the 3 bugs are accepted, you are qualified as a tester. Otherwise, you will be given a second chance where 55% of your bugs should be accepted. If you fail the second chance, you can not continue with the website.
Guidelines for taking the sample / paid test
- Read the guidelines given in the tester academy before starting the test.
- Before reporting a bug, check whether it is in the scope of testing and it has not been reported previously.
- Think twice before reporting the bug as the rejection ratio is high. Almost 75% of the reported bugs are rejected.
- Don’t forget to include screenshots or screencasts for the bugs.
- Make sure you follow all the guidelines in writing the bug title and description.
What are the Pros and Cons in Test IO?
- Good pay for a single bug
- Transparent bug reporting tool
- Too much of bug rejections. They accept only 25% of the reported bugs.
Is TestIO legit or scam?
TestIO is a legit website as it pays its members once every month.
Is TestIO available worldwide?
Yes. TestIO is open to anyone located anywhere in the world.
Do I need any qualification to become a tester on TestIO?
No. But, I would strongly recommend the new members read all the guidelines on the Tester academy about reporting bugs. That’s where they can find the difference between an amateur and a professional.
How much can I earn from TestIO?
It depends on the type and number of accepted bugs you find in a test cycle. Given below is the payment chart for a bug.
How do I receive payment?
The supported payment methods are PayPal and Skrill. You will get the payment at the end of every month.
How do I contact the support in case of any issues?
You can see a chat icon on the bottom right of the homepage. You can ask your queries using that icon.
Is there any easy or guaranteed earning available in TestIO
No. You can earn only if you find a bug and that gets accepted.
Is there any referral program available in TestIO?
No. There is no concept of referrals in TestIO as it is not an affiliate network.
Useful Links on TestIO
TestIO Review: Final Verdict
TestIO is a great option not only for professional testers but also for anyone to make more money online provided they know the technique to catch the critical bugs in a short span of time.
TestIO is a must-visit website for anyone who thinks testing as a job, not an option to earn money.